- Calories: 241
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Cholesterol: 62mg
- Sodium: 395mg
- Carbohydrates: 18g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 22g
Sliders Recipe Video
These mini burgers have less than half the fat of restaurant sliders. A bit of water added to the lean beef keeps them juicy. You’ll never want take-out sliders again.
- 1 lb ground 90% lean chuck
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Black pepper to taste
- 2 to 3 Tbsp ice water
- 4 low fat American or cheddar cheese slices, cut in half
- 8 whole wheat mini-burger buns (1 oz each)
- Bread and butter pickles, optional
- In a bowl, combine the ground beef, salt, pepper and ice water. Form beef into 8 thin patties, transfer to a plate and refrigerate for 30 minutes, covered with plastic wrap.
- Lightly coat a griddle or skillet with nonstick cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Cook burgers, flattening to 1/4-inch thick with a spatula, for about 3 to 4 minutes, or until browned. Flip burgers and cook another 3 minutes.
- Turn off heat. Top with cheese, if desired, and cover pan until cheese is melted. Transfer to buns and top with pickles, if desired.
Nut Allergy: If you have an allergy to nuts or nut products, read the packaging, labels, warnings and directions for all ingredients in this recipe to determine whether the non-nut ingredients in this recipe were manufactured in a plant that processes nut products. We recommend that you do not solely rely on our information. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer.
Copyright 2016 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc.. All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.
Review Date: February 26, 2013
Reviewed By: Christina D. Wright, RD, LDN, Nutrition Editor, Baldwin Publishing, Inc.
Judy Capodanno, Health eCooking Editorial Director, Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Contact Editor
This page created February 1, 2010 and last modified September 23, 2010