- Calories: 176
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 4mg
- Sodium: 296mg
- Carbohydrates: 25g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 9g
Quinoa Risotto Recipe
This easy risotto recipe substitutes rice with healthy quinoa. Try this risotto recipe next time you are looking for an easy side dish.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup quinoa, well rinsed
- 2 1/4 cups reduced-sodium chicken or vegetable broth (gluten free if needed)
- 2 cups chopped spinach or arugula
- 1 small carrot, peeled and finely shredded
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté until softened, about 4 minutes. Add the garlic and quinoa and cook for about 1 minute, stirring occasionally.
- Add the broth and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer until the quinoa is al dente, about 12 minutes. Stir in the spinach, carrot, peas and mushrooms and simmer for 2 minutes, or until the quinoa is translucent.
- Stir in the Parmesan and season with black pepper. Serve immediately.
Nut Allergy: If you have an allergy to nuts or nut products, read the packaging, labels, warnings and directions for all ingredients in this recipe to determine whether the non-nut ingredients in this recipe were manufactured in a plant that processes nut products. We recommend that you do not solely rely on our information. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer.
Copyright 2016 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc.. All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.
Review Date: February 26, 2013
Reviewed By: Christina D. Wright, RD, LDN, Nutrition Editor, Baldwin Publishing, Inc.
Judy Capodanno, Health eCooking Editorial Director, Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Contact Editor
This page created February 1, 2010 and last modified September 23, 2010